Saturday, September 19, 2015

Lucky Temple Day

Hi Mom,

I didn’t get Grandma’s letter yet. Mom, your email was so sad! I am just sitting here crying in public. I am so grateful that I got a chance to say goodbye to Grandpa before I left. I know he was ready to go and it makes me happy that now he can be with Grandma.

It has been raining here a lot. Also, I have some bad news and some good news. I’ll start with the bad news.

I will not be emailing you next Monday.

Good News:

            I AM GOING TO THE TEMPLE NEXT WEEK! I will have Thursday as my P day and will email you then. I am so excited! We have to be at the mission office at 5:45 AM and it takes an hour to get there. We are going to be so tired but I am sooooo excited! Hermana Jahnel is one year into her mission and they are letting her go. I am the lucky companion who gets to go with her!

This week was a difficult week. We are trying to find people to teach but everyone seems to be far busier than God intended. We have had a lot of first lessons and canceled seconds. It is frustration at times but never to hard to handle. God knows us perfectly and is always giving us tender mercies. It is just up to us to recognize them.

This week the dad of the family we baptized came to church. (AGAIN)! Although he has not yet accepted to meet with us to learn more, his progression is such a miracle. I remember the first time Hermana Jahnel and I saw him. We were actually scared of him. His wife was afraid to talk to him about church too. It took a while for us to get permission for them to be baptized. But we planned their baptism around his schedule so he could come. I remember seeing them walk into the church together. It was a miracle that he was there. Then he smiled, which was another miracle in and of it’s self! He attended the following Sunday to see them be confirmed and receive the Holy Ghost. This week we were teaching them in their home and he walked by. We (again) invited him to pray with us-  This time instead of saying “no” he said, “I am busy.” His wife replied, “It’s okay,  We will wait.”

It was a very special moment of kneeling on the floor waiting for the dad. Finally he came and knelt down with us. His wife then offered a beautiful prayer in which she expressed how grateful she was for the gospel and asked God to help her husband learn more. This Sunday he came again. We are so excited to see his progression. We are looking forward to the day they will be sealed as a family and we know that it will start with his baptism. We are going to continue working hard to teach and baptize him.

I have a zone conference this Wednesday instead of a district meeting. I don’t know what we are going to talk about but I know that it will be good. I am excited!
This week I met a prophet! HAHAHA

Some crazy woman was telling us that she was called directly from God and received the Holy Spirit when she was standing next to a church one day. That was a hard lesson!

Last week Hermana Jahnel and I went to Goodwill (like DI) and got a new skirt. I love my Taos. They are keeping my feet healthy. Thank you for getting them for me!

I am so grateful for Hermana Jahnel! I used to think she is patient but now I KNOW it! I have been struggling so much with my confidence these past few weeks. She helps me remember that my confidence comes from the Lord and his atonement, not from myself. I am okay if I mess up as long as I am trying my hardest. I don’t know why I have been so sensitive lately. I get so frustrated with the smallest things. She is helping me to communicate and express my feelings rather than keeping them all bottled up inside me.  I get so frustrated because my body doesn’t move the way it should. Satan is good at putting discouraging thoughts in my head! I am just trying to do my best to learn from all the experiences I am having.

Remember to smile. I am alright and am working hard! I love it here  J.

Te amo,
Hermana Bryan




No comments:

Post a Comment