Happy Labor Day,
Every public place on the planet earth is closed today. We
are using the computers in the Family History Center today.
This week has been so crazy. Our family got baptized and the
dad even came to the baptism and to church! We are really trying to work with
him. We are also working with a previous investigator. He is now interested in
taking the lessons. It’s great!
We now have 2 elders in the branch, Elder Laguna and Elder
Alarcon. Everyone welcomed them and were so excited. I am so grateful they are
here and will help us build the branch.
A frustrating experience for me this week was when we were
teaching a recent convert. We were talking about the Book of Mormon. He LOVES
to read and has so much literature from all the other churches he has been to.
We were telling him that the Book of Mormon is the best book for him and he
needs to read it instead of the other literature he has. I was trying to tell
him that he can never read the Book of Mormon too much, that’s how good it is.
It came out that the book is too good and it’s bad to read often ( at least
that’s what my comp told me).
I have felt so discouraged that I can’t teach a lesson. I
thought God was supposed to give us what we should say in the very moment if we
are trying our best. I broke down after that incident. How can I be a
missionary out here if I am saying things against the church?! I know it was an
accident and thank goodness it was a convert that understands that I am just
learning Spanish still. I was feeling to unqualified for this work. However, I
know that God is just keeping me humble…Soon I will figure out what he wants me
to do. It is just a low to contrast the
many highs. It’s natural and part of adjusting to missionary life. I do recognize he has placed me with a
wonderful companion that was fluent enough to catch that mistake. It was a
blessing that didn’t feel like one at the time.
Good news. We got our car fixed! They said my first name at
the car repair shop and it was so strange to hear it! I felt like they
shouldn’t say it out loud. We rode our bikes to Walmart last week. It was a
little crazy riding home with all our groceries but we are talented and managed.
My companion had a flat tire. We bought her a new one but it keeps going flat.
She just rides on it anyway.
I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Bryan
| We found the straight and narrow path! |
No comments:
Post a Comment