Sunday, October 18, 2015

6 Months Already

We taught 28 lessons this week - we're on fire!
Also, guess who got transferred? 

NOT ME AND NOT HERMANA JAHNEL!!
I am so excited we get to stay together again!! This is going to make 6 months together- can you believe that? I am very happy and so is she.
Also, today makes 6 months in the mission. WHOA.. right? Time is going too fast. I really hope they extend girls missions to 2 years this next conference. (;

What a great week! It all started last Tuesday when we were informed that we had done away with the “Standards of Excellence. Don’t worry, there is a replacement - Acceptable performance Standards. It's a little more tricky.

Speaking of tricky- that is one of the words that Hermana Jahnel uses now because I say it a lot. It is funny to see how she repeats things I say a lot.

This Friday we are having "Noche de Hispanidad" It is an activity that the rama is doing. It is going to be so fun- music and dancing and food. Rama Cortez really knows how to have a party. All the different countries are going to have a table with food and fun stuff. The missionaries are in charge of having their own table too. The elders are going to make PB&J's and the Hermanas are bringing brownies (because we did it once and now they ask us to do it every time).

This week something crazy happened. Someone actually called us because they got one of our mormon.org cards. THAT NEVER HAPPENS.I always thought they were the most unproductive things ever. Guess I was wrong!

Today we were walking and this old guy came up to me and started singing... Very Loud! in Spanish. I had no clue what he was saying. I tried to look for my companion for help but she just laughed and let it happen. Pretty soon people were circling around us watching the awkwardness. I had no clue what to do!! I mean, I could have sang with him if I knew the words, but I didn't. So I said thanks and invited him to our activity on Friday haha.  

We taught a man yesterday who told us what he believed about the creation and Adam and Eve and all that. He is so close but has a few things he needs to straighten out. We will continue to work with him. Please pray for him to open his heart and to learn by the spirit.
I love it here!

Talk to you next week.
Hermana Bryan


No comments:

Post a Comment