Hi Everybody,
My cute little friends were baptized this week. It was pretty good. The little boy started crying because he is scared of water (and he is autistic) but he
did great. He was so happy after. Here's something a little strange- the
primary president gave them both necklaces to welcome them to primary. I
thought that was nice until I saw them. They are crosses!! What? I thought we
didn't do that in this church? Weird.. oh well.
Also, their older sister wants to take the lessons. She
has taken them before and had a baptismal date and everything (a few years
ago), but canceled it the day of. Please pray for us and her. We are trying to
be very bold and loving.
The 4 min Restoration has brought so many blessings this week. The other day we taught a man standing at his door. We didn't even finish before he said, "Can you come back to teach this again so my whole family can hear it?" W-O-W!
You can imagine our response.
I am doing a lot better -I am overcoming Satan. Sometimes I just
want to sing "VICTORY, VICTORY" the way Tim does (and sometimes I do)
it actually helps me. The other day Satan made me laugh. He is pretty good at
getting to me when it comes to self-confidence, but I have been working hard
and I am totally kicking his butt! He has tried a new approach this week-
Drugs. We met a man and he was crazy! Saying, "I’m a missionary too! I
have been traveling all over South America and my church is doing great. It's a
non-religious church. Genesis 2, ever heard of it? Well, yeah.. We had to make
it into a church because otherwise it would be illegal. It's really good- we
need to use all the plants that god has given to us. Do you like to get
high?" *offers us multiple types of different drugs* "It's so great.
Here is our card. You can look us up or call us or whatever." blah blah
blah.. Oh I just wanted to laugh my head off. He was so ridiculous. We were
conversing a little bit about what Mormons believe. He was telling us that
Jesus Christ didn't establish his church- I asked him about the 12 apostles and
how that would work if Christ didn't call them to discipleship. He said they
were already apostles before Christ came. WHAT? umm.. you can check me on this,
but I am pretty sure they were fisherman. I had so many things to say to him,
but basically I just cried repentance and walked away. What is this world
coming to? Hermana Jahnel was so funny. On our way home that night she told me
that she just wanted to say "See you on judgment day!" haha It was
really cute and funny with her accent.
This week in sacrament meeting all of the YM in the branch bore
their testimonies. It brought a special spirit. It was so powerful.
We had a lunch with our branch president this week. We had
tostadas. It was really funny because they had this really spicy sauce and it
was so good. They were really surprised at how much I liked it- they thought it
was going to be too spicy for me. It made them all laugh because I love spicy
food and my companion hates it. It was a good meeting.
It has been very cloudy here- so humid. My skin is melting off
my body as we speak haha. I miss my desert weather. However- I LOVE all the
lightning and thunder here! It is one of my favorite things (along with the
sunsets and sunrises.) Florida is so beautiful.
I am SO EXCITED to watch General Conference this weekend!!!!
The only bad thing is that I am going to watch it in Spanish :/
Did you get a chance to watch the general women’s broadcast? It
was SO GOOD!
Here are a few more pictures from our trip to the Orlando Temple. That’s about all I have time for. I love you and appreciate all your
prayers!
Love,
Hermana
Bryan
| Our baptisms this week! |
| I thought about Ethan and his family when we drove past this! |
![]() |
| This is the group of Sisters that attended the temple with me. |
| Such an amazing experience! |
![]() |
| The church is TRUE! |


No comments:
Post a Comment