Tuesday, November 17, 2015

NEEDING YOUR PRAYERS!

I haven't posted anything for a few weeks because I wasn't sure if Jessica wanted me to share her health concerns. Maybe she doesn't, but I know that prayers are answered and we need your help. Here are some of the comments she has shared with me as she has been struggling with her health, specifically the arthritis in her joints. Any prayers on her behalf are appreciated.

Mom, I am a little worried that I will have to come home. Will you please ask the whole family to pray that I will get better and be able to stay out here?

Hermana Jahnel told me that I kept her up all night talking in my sleep. I woke up a couple times and prayed because my body hurt, but other than that I don't remember saying anything. She said I kept calling out for help and saying I couldn't do it (in English and Spanish- so there's one good thing haha). I feel really bad. I let her take a nap for the first hour of p-day while I cleaned the house.

I don't know what to say because I am trying to stay positive. Every day I wake up and wonder how I am going to get out of bed, let alone make it through the day. Somehow I always do, but it makes me so frustrated. Also, there is no way to know if it is going to be a good day or a bad one. I am trying my best to just hang in there. I will continue working as hard as I can while I am out here. I just need to trust in the Lord’s plan for me and keep trying as hard as I can to figure out what that plan is.

We found a super less active member from Hondurus. He has 3 kids and 2 of them can be baptized. We are going to work with him. He is a friend of our recent convert.

We have a new family we are working with. They are awesome and have a baptismal date for this month. They came to our Halloween activity.

The family we are working with came to a fireside last week but they didn't come to church, so we have to push their baptism back. That’s a bummer but we are still working with them.

It finally cooled down here in Florida. (for one day) Yesterday I think the temperature got down to mid-low 70s. These past couple days we were out all day tracting. We avoided stairs and went at a pretty slow pace, but we are working as hard as we can. I am really trying my best. 

Hermana Jahnel found a nice church approved theme song for me. She sings it all the time just to laugh.

"Si tienes otra forma de andar, algunos te evitaran mas yo no lo hare.
Si tienes otra forma de hablar, unos de ti se burlaran mas yo no lo hare"

It is the song "I’ll Walk With You" from the Children’s handbook. When she sings it, I imagine you singing it to me! Haha

The new medicine is helping enough that I can function. I have faith that it will be under control soon enough. My body is week but I am here. The Lord is giving me the strength I need to proclaim his word. There are still people here who need to hear what I have to say and the Lord will give me the strength I need to do his work.

We were going to have a baptism this Saturday but it isn't happening anymore. The changes in the church regarding the children of same sex parents has everyone talking and upset. It is hard to explain it to people. I just know that our church is lead by God and His leaders here on the earth. If it changed, it is because that is how God wants it. To me, it strengthens my testimony. To others, they realize they don't have one or it is too weak.

It would solve all the problems in the world if people just loved God and their neighbor. I was reading in 2 Nephi this week and studying about why God lets such bad things happen to good people. I am ready to answer people’s questions about this one! -more prepared than the policy change Haha

This week we were supposed to have a Thanksgiving dinner at the church. We were so excited. We helped set up the night before while we waited for people to show up for English classes. When we got to the church Friday night we were a little confused because there were only a few cars in the parking lot. Regardless, we walked in ready to eat but everything had been re-decorated and there was a dead person where the food should have been.

It was a little bit of a shock for us. Apparently there was a conflict in scheduling who has the building which days. Obviously a funeral is more important than a dinner activity. It was funny because I always joke around and say that not even death can stop these Hispanics from having a party, but this just goes to show I was wrong.


I love you so much and I really am so grateful for all you and Dad are doing to help me. I am forever grateful for this opportunity you have given me to serve a mission. Please give my love to everyone.

Love,
Hermana Bryan
taking missionary work to a whole new level (someone will appreciate this..?)

right before bed- tired but happy girls

at the Halloween Party

No comments:

Post a Comment