I had a random flare-up this week. I felt so bad and I was
really trying to work through it and just do what I could so I didn't complain
or get sent home but then we had a training meeting with President Cusick and
it was so bad. We were late because I couldn't walk fast enough and then I had
to drive there. We missed a turn and Hermana Jahnel was just talking to me as
fast as she could in Spanish. We walked in during the opening song and I just
lost it. Everyone turned around to watch us and I looked like an 80 year old
missionary walking in. It was so awful and I couldn't go any faster because it
hurt so bad. I just started crying.
President spoke with us after the meeting. That is when he
called you. Thank you for all your help with the Doctor this week. Please thank
Tiffany too! I’ll keep you posted as I find out more.
This week we got to listen to Sister Don Armstrong. She is the
woman in the movie Meet the Mormons who sends her son out on his mission.
This week Sister Armstrong talked to us and I really liked some
of the things she said. She talked about the beauty in keeping it real. It made
me think of you mom. She went on to say how moms like their kids to have
everything perfect and win everything etc. She said, "I am all about
making my kids feel uncomfortable. Like, 'Welcome to life, baby!' haha!"
That also made me think of you. I laughed.
She talked about her family relationships and how love is
necessary. It was a really cool experience.
I had exchanges for the first time this week. It was scary but
it was all right. I liked it because it helped me to see what things I am doing
well and what I can improve on. Also, I taught a couple people in Spanish all
by myself, and they even complimented my Spanish! (I think they were just being
nice, but still!)
We had zone training conference. We are doing awesome in our
mission. We are leading the area and President Cusick is really pleased with
that. He had a general authority ask what he was doing in the mission to have
success and he said it’s because our missionaries are obedient. It was cool. He
is a great guy. We have interviews coming up in November and I am excited. I
will probably just cry because he is like my dad while I am here haha. He loves
all his missionaries and I am grateful for him.
Love you all,
Hermana Bryan
No comments:
Post a Comment