Monday, July 13, 2015

4th of Julyyyyy

So much has happened this week, it's crazy! For my lack of time, I will just give you short tidbits of information.

I found out that --------- dropped the elders when we were transferred. That made me so sad, I cried a little bit. But then I realized it was just a "not yet". 

We had a schedule change this week. We have to wake up sometime before 6 and be in bed by 10. It is so nice! Before the change we had to be up before 6 and in bed by 10:30. It is amazing what an extra 1/2 hour of sleep can do. 

We found an investigator named -----. She took the lessons from the missionaries a long time ago but doesn't really remember and wants to take them again! She is just eating up everything we teach her. She really wants to come to church and progress, but her husband is a devout catholic and expects her to go with him. She is scared of what might happen with her husband. Please pray for her!

We went to go see a potential investigator and there was a drunk man next door who wouldn't leave us alone. He came up and grabbed Hermana Gibson's hand when we were at the neighbor’s door. We got out of there real fast. It was a little bit scary.

We are teaching a mom and son. They are going to be baptized next week!! --- is getting divorced from her husband who is not a good man. It is amazing the change that she has gone through. ------- was telling us that he has a bad life becuase of his dad. It was really sad, but we just talked about how much his Father in heaven loves him. He is just 8 years old and he started to cry. He is so amazing and now that he realized he has the best Father ever he is progressing so much! He told us that he loves us this week and we make his life better- we told him it wasn't us, it was God. He is just amazing.

Every morning we go to the gym to work out and it is usually just us, but sometimes there is this old man who comes and I really don't like it when he comes because then we have to leave. When we can’t be in the gym we have to just run outside. Let me just make something really clear- running in Florida is the worst. THE WORST! You sweat enough to fill a pool just standing there, so when you run it is so so so awful. PLUS, the bugs just eat you alive! Every day I just tell myself I will get some blessing from it because I have a hard time staying positive about it.

Also, this week my companions learned that I talk in my sleep. I am always just so dead so I never wake up. But I woke both of them up this week and was talking to them. They were talking back to me AND I ANSWERED THEM! Haha! They told me the next day and I just had to apologize for waking them up. It was really funny.

Earlier this week all our appointments would say "American girls- happy 4" in their broken English. It made me so happy. haha! 

This week our luck with the rain wore off. We got soaked! We just had to ride our bikes in the rain. It was bad.

Miracle:
On Thursday we had a lot of lessons! It was so good, but we didn't have time for dinner, so we just didn't eat. We were starving! We went to teach our English class in the church and there was a single adults ward activity where nobody showed up. The lady that set it up let us have their refreshments! The Lord will always provide!! Ha-ha It was really funny but awesome.

Also, ------, one of our investigators got up and bore his testimony in sacrament meeting!! He is so golden!!! Pray for him- he needs to resolve some issues.

Love,
Hermana Bryan

Jessica loves the 4th of July so we sent them all a flag shirt.


Her companions thought it was fun to get matching shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment