Monday, July 20, 2015

Feeling like a Greeny

I feel like I have so much to say all week long then forget it all as soon as I sit down at the computer. Sorry everybody.. but here are a couple of things that happened.

I was so discouraged this week. I thought I would learn Spanish a lot faster than this. It is even harder because I am in a trio and both my companions know Spanish. They pretty much take over the lessons because it takes me a long time to say things and can't always understand what the investigators are saying. It is frustrating. Every weakness I have has been magnified. I guess the Lord is helping me to be humble.

There was one day this week I was feeling really sad and discouraged. I was so frustrated with myself and just couldn't shake the feeling of being unfit for the work. The next morning we woke up to some messages of our most helpful member as well as his close friend. He had some awful things going on and was handling it all the wrong way. It scared us. It was eye opening.

Gods hands are always stretched out towards us. This time he used his outstretched hand to give me a little slap. I've got it good- family and friends who support me, the gospel in my life, enough food to make it through the week (most of the time), the list goes on and on. It reminded me of a talk I heard a while ago (I think it was by Elder Bednar) about the characteristics of Christ. When bad things happen the natural man turns in, but Christ turns out. That day I turned out and just lost myself in the work. They key to missionary work really is work. It helped me to focus on others and not myself.

Transfers are this week. I am staying here with Hermana Jahnel and Hermana Gibson is leaving. I am so sad she is leaving. I have learned so much from her. We are going to get another Hermana, so we will still be in a trio. I am glad we are getting her, I know she is going to help so much here and there is someone who needs to hear from her, but I am getting tired of being a third wheel. I really need to trust that God has a plan for me and I didn't just get tossed in here for no reason.

There was a baptism for a branch member this past Sunday. He wanted the missionaries to sing, so we did. We sang the baptism song in Spanish and English. His parents only speak Spanish and he only knows English. It was a beautiful blessing. His dad gave the blessing in Spanish and then at the end he tried to repeat everything he said in English so his son could understand. It was beautiful and I cried because the spirit was so strong and he just loves his son so much. 

Shout out to my parents- Thanks for speaking English (:

We have 2 baptisms this week!  I am so excited for them! It is going to be a beautiful experience.

Well, I don't have much else that I can remember... so that will be all for this week. I love you all. Thanks for all the support.

Keep smiling!

Hermana Bryan



No comments:

Post a Comment