Monday, July 27, 2015

Baptisms and Humility


I hear nothing but rave reviews of how you are doing.  Thank you for coming.
……………………………………….
MARK CUSICK

This is the email I received from my mission President today!

Here I am again, emailing and forgetting everything I want to say. I really need to start a list. Oh well, here are a few highlights!

Transfers this week. We now have 4 missionaries in our house. It is just Hermana Jahnel and me in our companionship. I love her and she is really helping me with my Spanish- how lucky am I! I have the only native companion!(:

Lesson in humility…

I got pulled over this week :/
I ran a red light- so dumb, but it was actually okay. It was a green for cars going straight on a one-way street (the street I was on) but I was turning left. There was a car that turned the wrong way on my street and almost hit me. So I went with the other cars to get out of there. Then the flashing lights came. Stomach drops and I’m feeling awful. I was so scared, but the cop was nice and just wanted to make sure I was okay. He didn't write me a ticket or anything. It was crazy. I hate driving in Florida. I no longer feel I am a better driver than Hermana Gibson ):

3 BAPTISMS! German, Ana, and Estevan were all baptized. It was great- we sang and had some ward members give talks. I felt a little bad that it was all in Spanish and Estevan had no clue what was going on, but I know he felt the spirit. German was late to his own baptism because of a crazy work schedule, but it was okay.

Estevan wore new church clothes for the first time this Sunday to get confirmed. It was adorable- so handsome. He’s the 8 year old.

It has been raining all week. Hard to be productive.
We had so many miracles this week, it is hard to choose just one. I will share our experience on Thursday. We were low (and when I say low, I mean VERY low) on miles, and could not fall behind schedule. We planned to drive to church with our bikes and go from there. We loaded our bikes on the car and left. When we got to the church, we could not get Hermana Jahnel’s bike off of the car. It was stuck and would not move. It was as if her bike shrunk while on the bike rack. We were using all of our strength and could still not get it off. After 15 minutes of struggling, we finally managed to get it off. We were behind schedule. Both feeling stressed and overwhelmed with the day, we decided to pray. We planned and had done all we could up to this point. It was time to turn our day over to the Lord. We both felt prompted to just take the car, so we did. Just down the street there was a pretty bad fresh accident. We were glad we missed that Not 2 minutes after passing the accident came the rain. It his like a wall and was letting up. I think it might have been raining from the ground up. We were glad we were in the car; otherwise we would have missed our appointment. We made it to all the appointments safely that day and ended the day with a beautiful baptismal service.

Love you all-
Hermana Bryan

PS. Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Baptism Day!

Good bye Hermana Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment