Monday, July 13, 2015

Bike, Cars, and a Holy Skirt, Amen

Wow! So much has happened this week. 

We got the AC fixed this week- it makes such a huge difference!

I got a hole in my skirt this week- it got caught in my breaks. I told my companions I was going to wear it to church every week and they looked at me like I was crazy. Then I told them I was going to wear it because now it is a "holy" skirt. They laughed for so long. It's like the oldest joke in the book! 

Speaking of my bike, I finally got all the mudguards and reflectors put on. It looks pretty spiffy. I love my bike. I am slowly teaching myself to ride without holding onto the handlebars because it hurts my wrists. So far I haven’t crashed, so I think I'm doing pretty well!

I got my iPad this week. It’s so great- I don't know how missionaries keep everything organized without one!!

I also drove the car this week. Hermana Gibson was feeling sick so I drove. I'm still a pro. Speaking of cars- oh my goodness. Hermana Gibson, our DD, ran a red light and we got hit. It wasn't bad because she swerved out of the way. We only had a little scratch and the other car didn't stop at all. We were all fine and the car was fine, but still- it scared me so much! When she didn't slow down I said, "umm.. The light is red." very casually. She realized when we were 1/2 way through the intersection. It was weird.

Funny story of the week:
My Spanish was really bad one day. I don't know why but I was struggling SO MUCH! We were teaching a lesson to a man who was talking really fast and it was just so hard. My companion was saying something and I was trying to catch words I recognized, but was so lost. Finally I heard her say "In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." I figured she was finishing her testimony so I said, “Amen”. I was WRONG! She was teaching how to pray hahahahaha. Every one looked at me with the same looks on their faces and it was so awful. I wanted to laugh so hard but I had to wait until the lesson was over. My companions laughed with me for an hour haha.

Well, that’s about all I have time for this week. Love you all and thank you for all your support! 

Love-

Hermana Bryan

 
Oh RED LIGHT! Got it

Thinking of Grandma :)

GYROS!


Guess what we ate this week?! It was Hermana Jahnel's first time and she loves them! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment