Hola Hola Everybody,
I'm beginning to realize how difficult it is to write emails every week. With every hour of every day planned, it's tricky to select just a few things to share. I suppose I will start with the best things and make my way down the list of priorities.
First of all, I'm still eating the frijoles every meal and my Spanish is progressing daily.
Just kidding! That is not my top priority, pero I love the Mexican food here.
GENERAL CONFERENCE! As I listened to conference, the thought was on my mind, "be prepared." Before leaving home the family was really getting into preparation. We talked a lot about food storage and important documents etc. However, this time as I thought of being prepared, it was in another way. Being spiritually prepared. Have I developed the Christ-like attributes necessary to succeed? Do I "have root" enough to withstand the attacks this world has to throw at me? Are my actions indicators of my beliefs? Am I ready to stand with confidence at that last day to be judged before my creator? Obviously I would like to answer yes, but there are still many things I need to work on.
Also, there was a strong theme of family throughout conference. I cannot express enough gratitude for my amazing family. Mom and Dad: Thank you for teaching me the importance of families through word and example. You both love each other so much and it shows. I can tell through your actions that family is top priority for you. Dad, I think you are a super example of a "real man". One who recognizes and fulfills your God-given role. Mom, I thought of you when I heard Quintin L. Cook's talk on Saturday afternoon. You always say, "Don't worry about us at home because we do the same things every day. Nothing changes for us. We are boring." But it is perfect. It is so comforting to know that my family is up, reading the words of the profetas together every day at 7:00. To know that each day starts and ends with a prayer. I know this is strengthening the family and I can feel your love all the way down in Mexico. Also, don't worry Mom, I can hear the music. I also cannot wait to dance with you to the music (:
I guess the next exciting thing would be last Tuesday and Wednesday. In an attempt to not freak out my mom, I did not mention, or at least go into detail about my health concerns. However, with my joints getting extremely stiff and painful once again, I was worried. Later that day I went to the doctor. He was worried. He mentioned sending me home, but I will have none of that nonsense! He sent me back to my apartment with some meds and said is should slowly get better.
My companion is the sweetest person on the planet earth! The next day I woke up with the stiffest joints ever, but still wanted to go to class and learn. I mean, this is the Lord's time, not mine. So I jumped into the shower (okay, not really jumping- I could not really walk). After the shower I dressed and started putting on makeup. That didn't go very well. I passed out. It really scared my companion. After a while I got up to brush my teeth because I was feeling fine, but passed out again. Although this time I mostly sat down before I was out. My sweet companion called the doctor for me. Of course he thought we were crazy. I had just been to visit him yesterday!! He told me I had really low blood pressure and then he gave me a wheelchair.
Seriously, A WHEELCHAIR. I did not want it at all. But he said I had to have it just in case I passed out and also because it was taking me too long to get from place to place. I understand that I am slow, but I don't want to be the wimp in a wheelchair. Plus my companion has rheumatoid arthritis and her hands hurt. Doc said we should go to the casa and just rest. So we went to get some food (docs orders, although I wasn't mad) and I had the Elders give me a blessing. I didn't think that I needed a blessing because my Bishop gave me one before I left and I already know I'm going to get better, but the doc said a blessing was a good idea, so we did it. It really did help. I was a lot more calm after and I knew again that everything was going to be okay.
It was super embarrassing to have everyone look at me. I wanted to cry.
As soon as the doc said "wheelchair" my mind went back to the car ride home from San Diego. Dad said, "How do you expect to serve a mission if you have to be in a wheelchair?" I was so discouraged. But after the blessing I was feeling more confident and with a little time to rest and think about life, I guess now I can just say "Hey Dad, This is how (;"
Also, I got my entire district to make a big conga line behind my wheelchair and we had a fiesta walking to dinner that night.
The next day my companion was really sick, but I just studied a lot of Spanish and we're back on track now.
Also, I taught a real person this week. (: Her name is Lulu and she is a Jehovah Witness. We talked to her about prayer and she said she wants to learn more and even be baptized. The Elders taught her a lesson before we did. Want to know something super funny? When they taught her they didn't have an extra Book of Mormon so the Elder had to give her his nice ones. I was glad I learned that lesson already! Hahahaha!!
Well, that's most of the exciting stuff. I love you all and hope life's going well. Keep smiling and remember you're in my prayers.
Lots of love!
No comments:
Post a Comment