Hello everyone!
This week has been so slow compared to the last couple of weeks
because so many of our investigators are baptized now and we can only teach
them one time a week. We spent a lot of time tracting and finding. So far we
haven't had much luck, but we are still trying our hardest. I know that God is
preparing a family for us. I just need to find them.
We have been working with the --------- family this week (the
one we found last week). We taught them the plan of salvation and it was crazy.
They asked a lot of questions about the spirit world. I can't give a lot of
details, but the veil is thin with that family. Also, they came to church and
attended a baptism! (: They are so great!! They have already seen the blessings
of the gospel in their family. I am loving the front-row seat I have to their
progression and the atonement in their lives. It's the greatest thing about
being a missionary.
We met a man this week while walking along the boardwalk (so
beautiful). We were going to walk to talk to someone else, but I just knew I
needed to talk to him, so we did. He went home that night and thought a lot
about what we said to him. We called him back a few days later and he is super
interested. He said he has seen a lot of anti-mormon movies and literature and
whatnot, but he wants to see for himself. He is so nice.
This week I have realized how close and personal all the
Hispanics are. Everyone just loves to kiss everyone else. It is so hard when
people are just kissing you like it’s a normal thing and you are trying to
follow missionary standards. So far backing away awkwardly has worked for me.
My companion has an awkward scream she does. It makes me laugh every time.
Lots of drama with the branch missionaries, but I won't go into
that. We are getting new ones. We are trying our best to work with the youth.
Any ideas for getting people motivated?
This week we were in a meeting and the leaders in the branch
kept on saying how we need to get all the Hispanics to come because this branch
is for Hispanics and we don't need white people - I sat there feeling very
uncomfortable. I wanted to laugh so bad.
Here are some pictures of our baptisms.
Hope you are all having a great week. Thanks for all of your
support!
I love you all!
Hermana Bryan

No comments:
Post a Comment