Thursday, August 27, 2015

Zone Conference

Hola,

I have to talk in church next Sunday. And sing. And teach. I am so nervous!! Fifth Sunday's are about missionary work. The branch thinks the best way to do that is have the missionaries do EVERYTHING. I will let you know how it goes.. haha! I am nervous, but I have said my testimony many times in Spanish, so it won't be too hard.

This past week we had zone conference. It was SO GOOD. It was fun to see a lot of the other missionaries. It was nice to see and hear from President Cusick. I love him, he is so great to all of his missionaries. We talked about how this mission is preparing us for the rest of our lives and how if we work hard here we will develop all the tools necessary for handling hard situations for the rest of forever. It was good. We talked about many different topics, the personal revelation that we received from them, and related each one of them to 1 Nephi (the first book in the Book of Mormon- a great starting place. I recommend it). It was really cool.

We received many referrals from Church Headquarters this week. We get them sometimes, but usually people are creeped out that we have their information. This week I called a man and asked him if he would be interested in learning more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Usually people say no and hang up, so when he replied, "definitely" I was caught off guard. I said, "What? Really?" which was not the best thing I could have said, but it was my reaction before I could comprehend what was happening. We have an appointment this week with him. Hermana Jahnel and I laughed for a while.

Miracle this week:

Always follow the spirit. Even the smallest promptings can have great impacts. We went to a house this week. We didn't know who lived there or what we were really doing there, but we went. We talked to a woman outside, who told us to wait as she went to get her mom. When her mom came outside she was in tears. She is having a very difficult time in her life and was praying for guidance. She moved to Utah for a few years awhile back and was introduced to the church and was baptized. She moved back to Florida and hadn't been back to church. When we showed up she knew it was a sign from God. She came to church this week and felt the spirit so strongly. We are going to teach her children and baptize them. It was really a cool experience.

Les quiero,
Hermana Bryan




No comments:

Post a Comment